Special Episode - Buntu Majaja - South African Innovation Summit
September 07, 2023
Gerald, Jason, and Marc
In this episode, host Gerald Ami interviews Buntu Majaja, CEO of the South African Innovation Summit, one of the largest startup events in Africa. They discuss the innovation landscape across the continent, promising industries and solutions from African entrepreneurs addressing local needs.
- Buntu shares insights on the industries receiving the most startup investment in Africa - fintech, healthtech, edtech and clean energy. He sees these as building critical infrastructure to enable further entrepreneurial growth.
- Examples of innovative African startups making an impact: off-grid IoT energy solutions in Malawi, growing oyster mushrooms in harsh conditions in Botswana, cybersecurity company expanding globally out of South Africa.
- The South African Innovation Summit on Sept 27-29 unites thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and thought leaders to grow African innovation. Buntu invites listeners to join and learn.
- [00:50] Welcome and introducing Buntu Majaja
- [01:46] How is Buntu feeling ahead of the Innovation Summit
- [03:28] Top startup investment industries in Africa
- [08:02] Examples of innovative African startups solving local problems
- [12:12] Overview of the South African Innovation Summit
- [15:01] Closing words